Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Tammy's 30 Day Shred Challenge

Although I have been amazed at the 30 Day Shred workouts, I've been less than impressed with the movement on my scale - or rather the lack thereof. In fact, zero. Nada. Zilch. Yep, I've been putting myself through almost pure torture for nothing apparently. My brain knows that's not true. I know I am stronger, and therefore have likely lost pounds in fat, and gained pounds in muscle.

But I'd like to see a little more results.

My resolve to limit chips has been working - but again, no results that I can tell. Course, going to The Keg once and The Olive Garden twice during same time frame probably didn't help. Ya think?

So, I've made a decision.

I'm going to do the 30 Day Shred Challenge ..... for real.

How can I make it more real than I've been doing it?

Well, the challenge is to do the workout 30 days. in. a. row.

I've been doing it probably 4 times a week. Considering I should be doing it 7 times a week means that I'm doing it almost half as much as I should be. Which also means, that if I up the ante, kick myself in the butt, and really giver for 30 days straight - almost doubling the amount of killer exercise workouts that I'm doing - I should also see better results.

Sounds good in theory anyway.

It better prove good in reality or I'm not going to be overly impressed. :)

Weekdays will not be hard to commit to. It's the weekends that are gonna be tough - especially Sundays! However, there's only 1 more week of Sunday School left before summer, which means that soon I won't have to get up quite as early for church - which will make getting up early to exercise a realistic possibility. Just gotta make it through one Sunday!!!

Since I've already done all 3 levels of the Shred, I'm not going to do the Challenge in the conventional way. The conventional way would be (I assume anyway!) to do Level 1 for 10 days, Level 2 for 10 days and then Level 3 for 10 days.

What I'm going to do is do a different Level every day to switch things up. My theory is that it won't give my body time to adapt to any one workout, which should also get me better results. Here's to hoping anyway. So, I'm either going to simply rotate through Levels 1 - 3, or I'm going to go one step farther and alternate Levels 1 or 2 with Level 3 - in other words, every other day I'll be torturing myself with Level 3 - and the other days will alternate between 1 and 2.

Clear as mud? I thought so.

So, I'm going to be tracking my progress on this here blog - basically to keep me accountable. Please comment along the way - so I know people are actually reading this - helpful for the accountability factor and all that.

Feel free to join me in shredding!! Here goes nothin'.

2 comments:

  1. I, for one, think that's a brilliant plan! "Muscle memory" is actually the cause of many plateau experiences, so this should combat that nicely. You can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea! I stopped doing the 30 Day Shred, going back to Turbo Jam. My thoughts were exactly the fact that I wasn't doing it for 30 days in a row so how would it really work for me?

    Hmmm...maybe I should do what you're doing. And switching things up is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete